This page is a running list of news and events of the Mt. Gox Exchange, with the most recent material at the top.
Mt. Gox [Wikipedia information] [Investopedia information]
Click HERE for more Mt. Gox posts
Follow the latest news and headlines via Cointelegraph
Throwaway for obvious reasons.
I know Brock Pierce. I’ve known him for years. His running over people is going to cost him now. I know his plan and here it is.
– He is posting news articles everywhere that are false in order to get the “court of public opinion” on his side. He wants to apply pressure from low end outlets (eg, CCN.com which recently stated that Brock owns Mt. Gox) and use that pressure as a list of sources to get published on CNN.com and other more reputable sources.
– He then wants to be able to use these numerous news sources as evidence to cite in the upcoming court.
– His plan is to create a “concession point” by stating that ALL proceeds from his new ownership will go to pay back prior Mt. Gox users. However, here is where the catch is:
THE SCAM (2 parts)
– Those users will be paid back in the PRIOR value of BTC, not the CURRENT value of BTC. For example, around the time it was $600 BTC or so. Current is $3300 or so. If we figure 200k bitcoins then Brock will net a $540,000,000 PROFIT
– BCH hard fork. The 200k bitcoins hardforked into BTC is worth about $24,000,000 that Brock will keep himself.
This means Brock will profit $560 million USD!!
Brock has stated over and over again that he will “pay back” users, but don’t be misled!
Also let us be clear: Brock never owned Mt. Gox. There was never an asset sale or a company sale. There is no document proving this. Nothing. Brock says he has a “Letter of Intent” however even if he did have this, that has nothing to do with selling Mt. Gox. An Intent contract is not an asset sale contract.
Also, Brock has retained the services of “Correct the net” systems. This means astroturfing of Reddit, Twitter, etc., are well underway. BE AWARE of the pro-Brock army. It is fully paid and not real and is only meant to sway public opinion.
**THE BIG PLAN:** The reason why Brock is doing these public campaigns is because he wants a **VOTE** to be done via Mt. Gox customers. He wants to build a vote list and bring this to court. He wants to state “4529 customers of Mt. Gox are in support of me owning it” and this actually is a viable strategy. He is misleading users. He wants people to think “Oh, I must vote YES or I will get NO money and Brock promises me money”. As it stands now, Brock might win, so BE ACTIVE!!
**The community needs to come together to apply pressure. Email news outlets. Talk on Twitter. Raise awareness**
If and when this comes to court, GET INVOLVED! Testify that you reject that Brock owns Mt. Gox. Even if it costs you some $$ that you would get. REJECT IT!
March 1st, 2014
Listen to this podcast from 2014 and take in the initial reactions, impressions, and commentary, without the benefit of hindsight we now have.